July Membership Meeting: Wednesday, June 9th, 2014
Our monthly membership meeting will be held at the Lake Opechee Inn & Spa Conference Center, 62 Doris Ray Ct. in Laconia at 7 pm on Wednesday. Our July meeting will be our Sit n Sew for our 2015 Raffle Quilt: We will be doing a paper piecing block so you need to bring the following:
- a 1/4" ruler
- rotary cutter and small cutting board
- A postcard or template plastic to fold the paperbacking back
- Thread - cream (neutral)
- Sewing machine
- Everything you can think of that you might need to make it a pleasurable sewing experience
The quilt has 190 blocks so we will need many willing and able sewers!
As always guests are welcome to attend for a $5 fee. Social 6:30 pm, Membership Mtg. 7 pm .
Fussy-Cut Mariner's Compass Class - Aug. 14th
The guild has contracted with Ann Lainhart from Plymouth, MA to teach a Fussy-cut Mariner’s Compass class. Each participant will make templates for a 12-inch, 16 point compass and learn how to fussy-cut the eight kite-shaped main points so that a kaleidoscopic design will appear in the center of the compass. Then we will learn to piece the compass, aided by tips from Ann’s experience in this design. Examples may be seen at Ann’s website: www.quiltedgallery.com
The class will be held on Thursday, August 14, 2014 at the Gilford Community Church from 9 am – 3 pm. Guild Members $30 and non-members $45.
Online Quilt Show Registration: This year the Belknap Mill Quilters Guild Quilt Show Committee is please to announce the move to offering the option of online quilt registration. To facilitate quilt registration for this year's show you can either use our the new online quilt registration form or our traditional registration form.
- 1 color photo can can be uploaded using the online quilt show registration form.
- You can use the online registration process and provide us with a printed picture of your quilt, if you like
- or you can use the traditional paper registration form process if you prefer.
Changes to registration forms:
- Category Change: This year we had updated our registration forms just a bit. A new category has been added: Wall hangings have been broken into 2 categories - small wall hangings: with a perimeter of 175" and under & large wall hangings: with a 176" and over perimeter.
- Quilt Registration Receipt: To give you all a bit more room on the quilt registration we have removed the receipt that is typically found at the bottom of the page, you will be issued a receipt for pick up when your quilt is dropped off for the show.
This guide provides the inspiration for a year's worth of quilts and table toppers: 24 projects that are perfect for all seasons and occasions.
Pam and Nicky bring you a fresh collection of 14 brand new quilt patterns, each with a beautiful variation design. Uses a range of Moda™ pre-cuts, including the new fat eighth bundle!
Can't find the fabric you need? Create it with paint! This choice gives the quiltmaker unlimited flexibility in execution. Each of these 15 original design projects may be appliquéd, created with fabric paint, or may combine both fabric and paint techniques. Even up close, you won't be able to tell if a quilt is painted or appliquéd without touching it.
Other Books Include:
Simple Circles & Quick Curves (Machine Applique)
Stitchin’ Retro (Embroidery)
Crazy Shortcut Quilts (Crazy Quilts)
Wouldn't you like to create a great chair like this. Either become a member or log in using your Member Login to get the directions for this awesome project.